Google pixel smartphone have made it possible and easier for you to connect and mirror your phone screen display on your TV. You can connect and mirror the Google Pixel 3 and 3XL on your TV to play Netflix, Hulu, YouTube content. Bellow we are going to look at the guideline on how you can effectively connect and mirror Google pixel phone to your TV.
It is equally important for those that have visual impairment. A couple of people with vision disabilities find it difficult to read text with small characters on their phone. It also help to increase the distance between your eye and phone brightness.
How to Connect Google Pixel 3 & 3XL to TV
Google Pixels is of two types, non-rooted and rooted. They have different method of connect them to your TV set. If you are using a non-rooted google pixel, the only way to mirror your screen is to use the Chromecast. The non-rooted pixel devices. does not support Miracast. While the rooted google pixel devices supports Miracast Technology. Bellow we have the step by step breakdown of the two method of connect.
Non-Rooted Method of Connection
- If you do not have a smart TV that supports Chromecast, you can acquire a Google Chromecast and connect it to the HDMI port on your TV.
- Connect to Chromcast to a power source via the USB plug.
- Ensure the Chromecast and Pixel are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Install the Google Home app on the Pixel.
- Follow the wizard to setup your device with your TV.
- Apps like Netflix and YouTube will now have a “Cast” button within each app that you can use to send the video to the TV. If you want to mirror everything on the device, open the Chromecast app, select “Menu” , choose “Cast Screen / audio“, then select your Chromecast device in the list.
Rooted Method of Connection
If you have a TV that supports a Miracast connection, it makes it easier for you mirror the screen from your Pixel to the TV. But If your TV does not support Miracast, you can use a set-top box that supports it. The most commonly used are the Roku and Amazon Fire TV. You could also use a Miracast Video Adapter. Each TV have its own link up differently. To konw how to link up, check the documentation on your particular TV to find out how to connect a device via Miracast.
Activate Miracast on your Pixel by editing the build.prop file using these instructions:
- Get BuildProp Editor downloaded and installed.
- Choose “Menu” at the upper-right corner, then select “Add” then “New.”
- Set the property name to “persist.debug.wfd.enable,” then set the Value to “1”
- Restart your phone.
- You will be able to cast your screen to a Miracast device. Activate the option under “Settings” > “Display” > “Cast” > “Menu” > “Enable wireless display.”